ARC CONFERENCE ‘What is different about working with difference?’ 27 April 2007 10am – 4pm
Venue: Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London (opposite Euston Station)
The Art Therapy Race and Culture sub group of the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) is holding a conference that aims to:
* Promote and foster inclusion within the art therapy profession.
* Explore different theoretical approaches for working with difference. Keynote speakers from diverse theoretical and cultural backgrounds will address how their particular theoretical approach makes a difference in working with difference.
Keynote speakers include: Camila Batmanghelidjh and Professor Di Waller Workshop leaders include: Marian Liebmann, Rubbena Aurangzeb-Tariq and Deirdre McConnell Through this conference we plan to
* Develop a theoretical and practical toolbox of approaches which art therapists will be able to use in their work settings.
* Influence the ways in which art therapy and equalities are addressed and taught in art therapy training institutions.
* Have a positive impact on practice and the development of the profession.
powered by performancing firefox