More and more creative art therapists are making inroads into the business world for those companies aware of how investment in well being and mental health is good for the bottom line ROI (return on investment).
offers a variety of educational options for persons interested in introductory or advanced training in art therapy.
Professional Education Workshops
Training professionals how to implement a more creative environment ? for themselves and their clients ? is an important part of The Center for Therapy through the Arts mission. Stress, burnout and disillusionment are all factors faced by today?s health care workers. Even without workplace stressors, professionals are constantly seeking innovative ways to work with autistic children, Alzheimer?s patients, chemically addicted individuals and others with special needs.
Seminars such as our “Making a Creative Connection” and “Healing Power of the Arts” workshops provide hands-on educational experiences that can be used both personally and professionally to encourage new ways of thinking and responding to difficulties.
In addition to workshops held at Art Studio sites, staff members are available to facilitate in-service programs, lectures, and hands-on workshops at other locations throughout the city. (See Events)
Corporate Education Programs
Many corporations and businesses today are seeking cost-effective ways to reduce workplace stresses, and provide preventative health care training and education. Corporations will find that the arts evoke responses and create outcomes that are different from traditional training and personal development programs. Doing art reveals patterns and structures from which insight can be gained to foster personal creativity and productivity. It releases tension and often demonstrates that order can be created out of chaos.
Our sessions can be designed to focus on objectives ranging from stress reduction and relaxation to team building and developing creativity in the workplace. We can design topics around business/education needs on a wide variety of subjects, specialized to any audience. Each presentation includes hands-on art experiences to provide participants with the opportunity to use alternative approaches to communicating ideas and problem solving.
Location of the seminars can be determined by the sponsoring employer. We can conduct workshops at another designated location or at any of our three Art Studio sites.
Center for Therapy through the Arts staff will gladly help you design a program that is most appropriate for your needs, such as:
? Developing Personal Potential
– – Letting go of Stress
– – Using the Arts to Re-charge your batteries
– – Communicating Creatively
– – Relax, Relearn and Revitalize: Artmaking through Guided Imagery
– – Your Professional Journey: Crossroads, Obstacles and Detours
– – Creating a Personal Treasure Map: Developing Goals and Desires
? Managing and Coping with Change
– – How to Cope with Transitions and Changes
– – The Anatomy of Change
– – Self-Circles: How to Avoid Going around in Circles
? Enhancing Personal and Team Creativity
– – Motivating People Creatively
– – Creative Problem Solving Techniques
– – The Art of Avoiding Burnout
– – Harnessing Creativity in the Workplace
– – Creating Failure: Learning to Live with your Mistakes
? Improving Teamwork and Productivity
– – Creative Techniques to Enhance Team Building
– – Exploring the Creative Process
– – Humor and Art as Coping Strategies
– – The Art of Letting Go
– – Building Self-Awareness and Thinking Skills
– – Border Patrol: Recognizing our Boundaries
In addition, we can be an adjunct to your Employee Assistance Program by designing programs for employees dealing with personal issues that can affect the workplace environment using art therapy techniques. Some of these include:
– – Struggling with personal loss
– – Coping with divorce, separation or death
– – Creativity and Addiction
– – Dealing with bereavement
Complete confidentiality is maintained in these sessions for all employees participating. We would be happy to discuss designing the appropriate therapeutic program for your employees.